Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Yikes X 2

Time is an elusive thing. When you are young, it goes by really slow and you just cant wait for what is next. As you get older it seems to go by faster and you are never ready for the next thing and it is always here before you think it should be. How does that work??
Dustin's papers went to Salt Lake City. I thought it would be 2-6 weeks before we get his letter back that tells him when and where. I was told yesterday that it is more like with in 2 weeks- YIKES! So we are getting very close to knowing. Now is the time to put your guess in as to where Dustin will be sent. My guess either Zimbabwe or Alaska. He will do great where ever he goes. His availability date is June 1st.
Now on to the next major event in the life of a mother- Kendra's wedding. we are less than 2 months from the big day! YIKES again! Things are starting to come together somewhat. The announcements are getting close to go to print. The cake top has been ordered (that is a good story!) and food has been discussed with a very good caterer! (Nicole!!) Dress has been bought. My dress is in process. Locations have been determined. And Decorations have been thought about. We have not addressed the flowers yet and travel has been planned, but not booked. Can you say Stress? But it is all good.
I take things one at a time and only seriously worry about one thing at a time. I seem to be able to stay on top of it all. Kendra has done all the planning and work on the actual Wedding and reception in Idaho. I remind both of us often that SIMPLE IS GOOD, and "if it's funny later, than it is funny now". I have decided that is my motto. When you have kids like mine, that is a good motto to live by!!

No comments: